Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default =IF Formula to find both < and

Possibly,

=AND(B1<C1,A1<B1)

Mike

" wrote:

Hello,
This should be a layup, but I'm stuck:
I'm trying to write a simple excel line which provides a TRUE / FALSE
result, comparing one value with two other values, to ensure that the
single value lies between the other two values. A1<B1<C1.

So, if A1=3, B1=4 and C1=5, I'd like to write a line where if:
A1<B1<C1, I obtain a TRUE result. But if A1=6, B1=4 and C1=5, and I
run A1<B1<C1, I obtain a FALSE result (63, which breaks the rule).
I've been trying =IF function, but am only getting good result if I
only compare one value (ie either A1<B1, or B1<C1, but not both).

Thank you for any ideas. I'm very rudimentary in Visual Basic, so was
hoping I could keep this to just Excel lines, but could branch out if
necessary.