Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default joining spreadsheets together for reports and queries?

Hello:

I have a master spreadsheet. I want to search some other similar
spreadsheets for a field (column) of data that is in the master spreadsheet.
In other words, I want to query the other spreadsheets to see if the data
within this column in the master spreadsheet is in those other spreadsheets.

Is it possible to do this in Excel through joining the sheets together,
similar to database table linking, or do I need to dump this data into Access
instead?

childofthe1980s
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What you are proposing is much, much, much easier to do in Access than it is
to do in Excel. Nevertheless, Excel is a powerful tool, and it will probably
handle anything you throw at it. If you demand this from Excel, it will
reward you by running slow, and any updates or modifications will be complex
and vexing.

See these links for some ideas of what can be done:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3g3jd

http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3g3je

http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3g3jf

http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3g3jg