Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default If ...Then Statement

Group,

I have a worksheet change evenet that I want to be able to toggle with a
named cell value.

If dailyupdate = True Then SortThem
End Sub

NO errors, but it doesn't run.......I am totally lost as to how to fix
it.... I know there is something missing

If the value is false, I want it to just fail and stop.

Please help :)

Thanks in advance.....

Scottie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe...
If me.range("dailyupdate").value = True Then SortThem
End Sub

DailyUpdate is a named range (single cell) on the same sheet?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,

Using your structure...I managed to figure it out...

but is it correctly done?

If Worksheets("Setup").Range("dailyupdate").Value = True Then SortThem
End Sub

Thanks

Scottie wrote:

Group,

I have a worksheet change evenet that I want to be able to toggle with a
named cell value.

If dailyupdate = True Then SortThem
End Sub

NO errors, but it doesn't run.......I am totally lost as to how to fix
it.... I know there is something missing

If the value is false, I want it to just fail and stop.

Please help :)

Thanks in advance.....

Scottie

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The code is under the worksheet that holds the DailyUpdate cell?

And the subroutine called SortThem sorts the other worksheet?

Without seeing that SortThem macro (and how the data is laid out), it might be
perfect--or it could be bad <vbg.

Did it work correctly for you?

If yes, then I'd say it was perfect!

If no, then post back with the details of the SortThem macro and a little info
on how that data is laid out.

Scottie wrote:

Group,

I have a worksheet change evenet that I want to be able to toggle with a
named cell value.

If dailyupdate = True Then SortThem
End Sub

NO errors, but it doesn't run.......I am totally lost as to how to fix
it.... I know there is something missing

If the value is false, I want it to just fail and stop.

Please help :)

Thanks in advance.....

Scottie

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,

I actually posted that code in here because I knew one of you guys would
spot the problem right away and correct me :) The SortThem procedure works
fine and yes it actually sorts 3 other worksheets, and now it does it based
on a flag in my setup sheet. I suppose I could have said that in the first
case.

I don't think I really want to embarass myself further by showing you that
code also...I really have no idea what I am doing. I learn the code from
google and the macro recorder, so I don't understand all concepts :)

But thanks ... it works and I learned how

Scottie

Scottie wrote:

Group,

I have a worksheet change evenet that I want to be able to toggle with a
named cell value.

If dailyupdate = True Then SortThem
End Sub

NO errors, but it doesn't run.......I am totally lost as to how to fix
it.... I know there is something missing

If the value is false, I want it to just fail and stop.

Please help :)

Thanks in advance.....

Scottie

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Glad you got it working.

But you've got to develop a thicker skin <vbg.

You'll soon learn to say "thanks for the help" and maybe walk away with code
that's a little easier to understand. It's something that can make you more
efficient in your coding, too.

Every once in awhile, I'll visit the .worksheet.functions newsgroup. I truly
believe that some of those people have brains that just work differently than me
(and most normal people!).

I'll post my do this and then do that and try this. And then one of those smart
guys/gals will come in and say:

Or you could just use....

Embarrassing? Not as much as before <bg. I just hope my post ages off really
quickly.