Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 4.0 Macro - Save XLS in Excel 4.0 format?

We have an application written in Excel 4.0 Macro. Within our code we do a
"SAVE.AS (XLSName, 35)". The second parameter 35 indicates that the file
should be saved in "MS Excel 4.0 workbook" format. This Save command fails in
Excel 2007 but works fine in Excel 2003 and prior versions of Excel.

I found a blog http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/...24/718786.aspx
that indicated Excel 2007 does not support saving an XLS file in Excel 4.0
format. Does anybody have any idea on what kind of workaround I can have for
this problem?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is no reason to save the file in XL4 format unless you plan on opening
it in Excel 4. So just use Excel 97-2003 format:

=SAVE.AS(XLSName,1)

--
Jim