Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CdSlc CdSlc is offline

Default Excel 4.0 Macro - Save XLS in Excel 4.0 format?

Thanks a lot, Jim. You are a life-saver.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

There is no reason to save the file in XL4 format unless you plan on opening
it in Excel 4. So just use Excel 97-2003 format:

=SAVE.AS(XLSName,1)

--
Jim
"CdSlc" wrote in message
We have an application written in Excel 4.0 Macro. Within our code we do a
"SAVE.AS (XLSName, 35)". The second parameter 35 indicates that the file
should be saved in "MS Excel 4.0 workbook" format. This Save command fails
in
Excel 2007 but works fine in Excel 2003 and prior versions of Excel.

I found a blog http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/...24/718786.aspx
that indicated Excel 2007 does not support saving an XLS file in Excel 4.0
format. Does anybody have any idea on what kind of workaround I can have
for
this problem?

Thanks.