Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to save excel XP spreadsheet to excel 97 spreadsheet format

Hi all,

I would like to have a macro that will automatically open the "Save As"
dialog box with the "Save as type:" "Microsoft Excel 97-2002 & 5.0/95
Workbook" automatically selected, therefore all I need to do is choose a
filename.

The second part of the macro would be for example ... that if I opened an
Excel 97 spreadsheet then run the macro, the macro should automatically save
it with the same filename and as a "Microsoft Excel 97-2002 & 5.0/95
Workbook".

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

Mas