Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Setting cell fill colour

I would like to compare an active cell with another cell and dependant upon
whether the active cell is greater than, equal to or less than the
comparision cell I would like to set the fill colour of the active cell to
either red, white or green. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Conditional formatting may be what you want:-
Select your cell(s) and then
format|Conditional format
cell value is select 'Greater than" enter =$B$1 and pick a colour
Click add and repeat for equal to
Click add and repeat for less than
Click OK

Mike

"Jacetech" wrote:

I would like to compare an active cell with another cell and dependant upon
whether the active cell is greater than, equal to or less than the
comparision cell I would like to set the fill colour of the active cell to
either red, white or green. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mike

Thank you for this but it doesn't cover everything I need to do. I have a
range of target dates when something should happen, I then enter the date the
action happened, at this stage I want to compare the 2 dates to change the
cell I have just entered a date into a specific colour. White to signal on
time, green for early and red for late. The time scale could be weekly over
many years. I was looking at using a cell changed type event to code the
check and colour change in.

I hope this clarifies things

Jacetech