Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jacetech Jacetech is offline

Default Setting cell fill colour

Mike

Thank you for this but it doesn't cover everything I need to do. I have a
range of target dates when something should happen, I then enter the date the
action happened, at this stage I want to compare the 2 dates to change the
cell I have just entered a date into a specific colour. White to signal on
time, green for early and red for late. The time scale could be weekly over
many years. I was looking at using a cell changed type event to code the
check and colour change in.

I hope this clarifies things

Jacetech

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Conditional formatting may be what you want:-
Select your cell(s) and then
format|Conditional format
cell value is select 'Greater than" enter =$B$1 and pick a colour
Click add and repeat for equal to
Click add and repeat for less than
Click OK

Mike

"Jacetech" wrote:

I would like to compare an active cell with another cell and dependant upon
whether the active cell is greater than, equal to or less than the
comparision cell I would like to set the fill colour of the active cell to
either red, white or green. Any help would be appreciated.