Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how do i set number in cell to add 1 upon opening sheet

I am setting up a workorder sheet that will be printed and saved. I would
like the workorders to have numbers automatically - the number in the cell
would increase by 1 each time I opened the master sheet. Is this a macro, a
button? I have Excell 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does this really make sense (create new order when opened)? What happens if
somebody want to look at the worksheet and not create a new Order?

It is better to create a new number using a button or when somebody starts
typing in a specific cell.

"Office Admin" wrote:

I am setting up a workorder sheet that will be printed and saved. I would
like the workorders to have numbers automatically - the number in the cell
would increase by 1 each time I opened the master sheet. Is this a macro, a
button? I have Excell 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I agree with what Joel wrote:

But you may want to look at the way J.E. McGimpsey approached it:
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

--

Dave Peterson