Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default opening sheet, next available cell displayed

When I open a workbook/sheet, I want the next available cell for data entry
to be displayed, at the moment the page scrolls somewhere halfway up existing
data, meaning I have to scroll down to the next data entry point. Can I do
this ??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Put this on a workbook open event, change sheet name and cell column as
needed
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("sheet1").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Select

-John
is helpful.

"Stephen" wrote in message
When I open a workbook/sheet, I want the next available cell for data
entry
to be displayed, at the moment the page scrolls somewhere halfway up
existing
data, meaning I have to scroll down to the next data entry point. Can I
do
this ??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Note: If sheet1 is not the activesheet when you open the workbook the code is not working

Use this in the open event

Application.Goto Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)(2)

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm