Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Want cell ref. to change after sort in other sheet

Alright, I'm not an excel genius or anything and I don't know if this
can be done or not.

I am working in the same workbook between three different sheets. The
first sheet has a list where I input data for each row down several
columns and I have it rank the rows based on one changing number in
each row. I then sort the rows based each row's number. This is where
the problem comes in for the third sheet since cells change.

The second sheet I don't have a problem with because cell references
are absolute and always stay in the same spot.

The third sheet takes data from the first and second sheet in two
separate columns and a third column uses a formula to basically add the
two data sets and come up with the final figure for each row. I then
rank this final sheet as well and sort it.

The problem is with the first sheet as I sort the ranks which change
after data entry, the third sheet does not change the references from
the first sheet as they change. Each row is unique but changes after
sort and the third sheet will not follow the first sheet's rows to it's
new position.

For example, Sheet 1 has a unique row named "George" and has a rank of
1 in row 1. After some data entry in his row and others, his rank goes
to 10 and gets sorted to row 10. Over on Sheet 3, his Sheet 1 column
still lists the cell reference from row 1.

How can I get this to change with whichever row George gets sorted to?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

--
Bullfn33
Bullfn33's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37154

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How are you accessing the data from Sheet2?

Since you say the rows on Sheet1 are *unique*, just continue to allow the
link formulas on Sheet3 to pull the data from Row1 of Sheet1, and use a
lookup formula to pull the data from Sheet2 to match up with the *new*
rankings as displayed on Sheet3.

Is this feasible?
--
HTH,