Reed

Default Change workbook sheet reference using cell A1 to change a vairable

Hi,

Sorry for posting this one again, but I had 2 questions in my last post and
only one was answered. I thought my other question might be getting skipped
because there is an answer associated with it.

I am using the formula below and others like it to extract certain data from
a single workbook into several different workbooks. I have multiple sets of
information that are all on different sheets, but the workbook name and cell
location remain the same.

Instead of changing the "345KV CANIFF STEPHENS" portion of my formula 20
times per new workbook, I would like to be able to use a formula that would
get the sheet name from cell A1. How can I do this?

='[345KV AND 120KV FOR ITC UPDATED 11-7-03.xls]345KV CANIFF STEPHENS'!$N5

Thanks,

Reed

Bob Phillips

Hi Reed,

=INDIRECT("='[345KV AND 120KV FOR ITC UPDATED 11-7-03.xls]" & A1 & "'!$N5")

not tested, so I hope I have got all of the quotes and so correct.

But beware, it only works when the other workbook is open, don't know if
that is an issue for you.

--

HTH

RP