Reed

The formula gave me an invalid cell reference error. I tried to adjust the
quotes, spaces, etc., but still no luck.

Thanks,

Mike

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Hi Reed,

=INDIRECT("='[345KV AND 120KV FOR ITC UPDATED 11-7-03.xls]" & A1 & "'!$N5")

not tested, so I hope I have got all of the quotes and so correct.

But beware, it only works when the other workbook is open, don't know if
that is an issue for you.

--

HTH

RP

"Reed" wrote in message

Sorry for posting this one again, but I had 2 questions in my last post

and
only one was answered. I thought my other question might be getting

skipped
because there is an answer associated with it.

I am using the formula below and others like it to extract certain data

from
a single workbook into several different workbooks. I have multiple sets

of
information that are all on different sheets, but the workbook name and

cell
location remain the same.

Instead of changing the "345KV CANIFF STEPHENS" portion of my formula 20
times per new workbook, I would like to be able to use a formula that

would
get the sheet name from cell A1. How can I do this?

='[345KV AND 120KV FOR ITC UPDATED 11-7-03.xls]345KV CANIFF STEPHENS'!$N5

Thanks,

Reed