Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Highlight cell with lower number than one on another sheet

I have a sheet with peoples task times that are averaged and the totals all
in another sheet. On this sheet is the average from them totals. I need a way
of highlighting on the first sheet any cells that have a figure greater than
on the totals sheet.
I have seen about conditional formatting but dont know how to connect to
another sheet
Any help,
Steve.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Conditional formatting will do what you want. Set up as Cell value - is less
then and then click the small icon to the right of the next field. The wizard
will minimise and you can then navigate to any sheet or cell in the workbook.
Maximise the wizard again by re-clicking the icon.

Mike

"k1ngy" wrote:

I have a sheet with peoples task times that are averaged and the totals all
in another sheet. On this sheet is the average from them totals. I need a way
of highlighting on the first sheet any cells that have a figure greater than
on the totals sheet.
I have seen about conditional formatting but dont know how to connect to
another sheet
Any help,
Steve.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When i highlight the group of cells in people summary E5:E28 then click
conditional formatting, then highlight cells rules, then greater than, then
minimize wizard go to takt time sheet and click on cell i need to reference
and click ok it says that are cannot use references from other worksheets or
workbooks for conditional formatting criteria?
Bit long winded but hope this helps and thanks for your reply

"k1ngy" wrote:

I have a sheet with peoples task times that are averaged and the totals all
in another sheet. On this sheet is the average from them totals. I need a way
of highlighting on the first sheet any cells that have a figure greater than
on the totals sheet.
I have seen about conditional formatting but dont know how to connect to
another sheet
Any help,
Steve.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe I'm being too simple here, but couldn't you just put a reference cell
in your first sheet to equal the averages from the second sheet? You can do
your conditional fomratting at this point, then hide these numbers to make
pretty.

"k1ngy" wrote:

I have a sheet with peoples task times that are averaged and the totals all
in another sheet. On this sheet is the average from them totals. I need a way
of highlighting on the first sheet any cells that have a figure greater than
on the totals sheet.
I have seen about conditional formatting but dont know how to connect to
another sheet
Any help,
Steve.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So figures add up, bounce to another sheet then they bounce back to original
sheet so i can reference them and hide rows, genius sorry must have had a
'slow' moment,
Steve.