Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how secure is projectProperty Protection?

Hi Sir,

How secure is the projectProperty Protection with password (so nobody can
see)...

is there any kind of protection?
is there a software to replace all variable with x1,x2..... (just to make it
more difficult to read if the someone break the password)?

what is the best VB protection in Excel?

thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Securing your VB project with a password is reasonably secure from the
'casually' curious. But there are tools available on the web, both free and
for $ that will reveal a usable password rapidly. I myself own one of them
and it is very effective (and fast).

If you want real intellectual property protection or absolute protection
from someone altering the code, look some place other than Excel. For that
you need a product that would have to be 'reverse engineered' from just
having access to the user interface and .exe file code, where the source code
can remain accessable to only you, such as C or VB.

"Johan2000" wrote:

Hi Sir,

How secure is the projectProperty Protection with password (so nobody can
see)...

is there any kind of protection?
is there a software to replace all variable with x1,x2..... (just to make it
more difficult to read if the someone break the password)?

what is the best VB protection in Excel?

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Concerning the second part of your question (JLatham has covered the
password part), there are tools that aim to "obfuscate" your code and make
it very difficult to read. Here's is one you might look at -

http://invisiblebasic.sourceforge.net/

I haven't tried this myself as if I want to hide code I use other means.

Regards,
Peter T