Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Secure Add-ins

I have an Excel add-in that i built. However, as we all know the security is
not good. I know want to buid a newer version but with better security. I
just recently downloaded Visual Studio 2005 (w/ VB). I want to know what my
options are for building this add-in. And I guess a better question is does
it actually need to be an add-in or a standalone piece of software? I want
to be able to update it, secure it, distribute it etc

I am getting a little confused with all I am reading. I keep reading about
VSTO, managed workbooks, different types of COM Add-ins etc. Not sure if
VSTO applies if I am buidling an add-in or standalone program.

Can anyone provide insight on this?

Thanks

EM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In support of this request, I would also like to understand more on
this topic as its getting very confusing for me with all I see on the
net.

The questions I would like to find answers for at the moment a

1) Is it possible to write an Application/COM Add-in with Visual Basic/
C-Sharp Express 2005 or do we need the full Visual Studio programme?
If so, how?
2) Will VBA functions/subs converted into VB.NET / C#.NET run faster
once loaded into Excel than the original VBA code?

Thanks in advance
Lloyd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This site gives some performance comparisons:

http://www.codematic.net/Excel-devel.../Excel-VBA.htm

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP