Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

Default Import multiply csv files

Hi,

Using Excel 2000, I have a weekly task to open 35 CSV files and to merge the
contents which is about 1000 rows in each into a single file. Each file has
a unique name and is in a specific directory.

What I'd like to do is have some code that would allow a dialog box to
appear, select the directory and for all the csv files in that directory to
be merged into one file.

I've searched the web but can't find any code to get me started, any ideas?

Thanks, Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Rob

Lots of code to do this type of thing at Ron de Bruin's site
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Rob" wrote in message

Using Excel 2000, I have a weekly task to open 35 CSV files and to merge
the contents which is about 1000 rows in each into a single file. Each
file has a unique name and is in a specific directory.

What I'd like to do is have some code that would allow a dialog box to
appear, select the directory and for all the csv files in that directory
to be merged into one file.

I've searched the web but can't find any code to get me started, any
ideas?

Thanks, Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does the order the files are combined in matter? If so (and I would guess it
is so), is there something in the names of the files (such as a sequence
number or date) which can be used to determine the order they are to be
combined in? Also, do you have a preference for the name of the file that
the combined data is saved under?

Rick

"Rob" wrote in message

Using Excel 2000, I have a weekly task to open 35 CSV files and to merge
the contents which is about 1000 rows in each into a single file. Each
file has a unique name and is in a specific directory.

What I'd like to do is have some code that would allow a dialog box to
appear, select the directory and for all the csv files in that directory
to be merged into one file.

I've searched the web but can't find any code to get me started, any
ideas?

Thanks, Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Rob

See also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/csv.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Rob" wrote in message

Using Excel 2000, I have a weekly task to open 35 CSV files and to merge
the contents which is about 1000 rows in each into a single file. Each
file has a unique name and is in a specific directory.

What I'd like to do is have some code that would allow a dialog box to
appear, select the directory and for all the csv files in that directory
to be merged into one file.

I've searched the web but can't find any code to get me started, any
ideas?

Thanks, Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

The files contain dates and as such I can sort once in a single worksheet,
the examples that Ron has on his website will I think solve my problem.
I'll post back once I've had a chance to run Ron's examples.

Thanks to all for the help.

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...

"Rob" wrote in message

Using Excel 2000, I have a weekly task to open 35 CSV files and to merge
the contents which is about 1000 rows in each into a single file. Each
file has a unique name and is in a specific directory.

What I'd like to do is have some code that would allow a dialog box to
appear, select the directory and for all the csv files in that directory
to be merged into one file.

I've searched the web but can't find any code to get me started, any
ideas?

Thanks, Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

Thanks Ron, I'll have a play this weekend and post back my success!

Regards, Rob

"Rob" wrote in message

Using Excel 2000, I have a weekly task to open 35 CSV files and to
merge the contents which is about 1000 rows in each into a single file.
Each file has a unique name and is in a specific directory.

What I'd like to do is have some code that would allow a dialog box to
appear, select the directory and for all the csv files in that
directory to be merged into one file.

I've searched the web but can't find any code to get me started, any
ideas?

Thanks, Rob

Import Several .txt Files Renee B. Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 October 3rd 07 07:06 PM
add value of 4 cells, multiply by 3 subtract 72 multiply by 80% George A. Yorks Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 10 October 25th 06 09:45 PM
Import files on a mac Andreas Roschger Excel Programming 5 February 1st 05 12:43 AM
import files Hollis Excel Programming 2 November 29th 04 08:27 PM
Import multiple files macro can't find files Steven Rosenberg Excel Programming 1 August 7th 03 01:47 AM