Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joe Joe is offline

Default Using Office Web Services Toolkit to access a WCF service

I have created a trivial demo service using Windows Communication Foundation
and hosted it in IIS with metadata enabled (<serviceMetadata
httpGetEnabled="True"/). The service implements a trivial contract:

[ServiceContract]
public interface IDemoService
{
[OperationContract]
string MyMethod();
}

I then tried to add a Web Reference to this service by specifying the URL
http://localhost/DemoServer/DemoService.svc?wsdl and received the error
message "Your search returned no results. Redefine your query and search
again."

The Event Log contained an MSSOAP error:
Soap error: Processing service DemoService found no port definitions

Can anyone help me to get this working? Excel interoperability will be a
big help for me to introduce WCF into my organization.

I also posted this on the WCF forum
http://forums.microsoft.com/Forums/S...D=118&SiteID=1 but no
takers there so far. The forum post also includes the generated WSDL.