Shannon

Default How do I install the Data Analysis Toolkit from Office Basic CD?

I have Microsoft Office Basic 2003 on my computer, and I have the CD. However
for a school report I need the Data Analysis Toolkit which isn't installed.
How do I install this feature?
Earl Kiosterud

Tools - Addins. Check the one you want.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Shannon" wrote in message
I have Microsoft Office Basic 2003 on my computer, and I have the CD.
However
for a school report I need the Data Analysis Toolkit which isn't
installed.
How do I install this feature?

Gord Dibben

Shannon

If ATP is not available through ToolsAdd-ins it may not have been installed
with original installation.

Suggest you do it through Add/Remove using CD.

StartSettingsControl PanelAdd/Remove Programs.

Scroll down to Office and select it. Select "Change"

Select "Add or Remove Features"

You will get a list of Office Applications. Expand Excel and select "Add-ins"

Select Analysis Toolpak and OK. Have the CD ready.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 19:37:03 -0700, "Shannon"
wrote:

I have Microsoft Office Basic 2003 on my computer, and I have the CD. However
for a school report I need the Data Analysis Toolkit which isn't installed.
How do I install this feature?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AG AG is offline

Default How do I install the Data Analysis Toolkit from Office Basic C

Hey,
I am having the same problem, yet I cannot seem to upload the Analysis
Toolpak whatsoever, even searching through the net I cannot find a way to do
it. I have tried every possible approach, I even got a new Windows loaded
onto the computer hoping that it would have it already installed, after hours
& hours of trying I am still at square one, really annoying, is there any way
we can download it from the internet (like the Microsoft site)??????
Please Help
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You haven't quoted the message to which you are replying, but I think you
are responding to a thread from 2005, and the answer hasn't changed from
what was given then by Gord Dibben.

You need the Office (or Excel) CD. The ATP is not part of Windows, it's
part of Excel. By default when excel is installed the ATP is loaded but not
enabled, but if yours wasn't loaded you'll need to load it from the CD.
--
David Biddulph

AG wrote:
Hey,
I am having the same problem, yet I cannot seem to upload the Analysis
Toolpak whatsoever, even searching through the net I cannot find a
way to do it. I have tried every possible approach, I even got a new
Windows loaded onto the computer hoping that it would have it already
installed, after hours & hours of trying I am still at square one,
really annoying, is there any way we can download it from the
internet (like the Microsoft site)??????
Please Help
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am also having trouble with installing Analysis ToolPak AddIn in Excel
2003. This is what happens & what I've tried:
- Tools...Add-ins shows the list of Add-ins, but trying to install yields
message that Excel can not access file "analysis32.xll."
- Tried using Browse and found that there are no files in the Add-ins
directory.
- Tried another default location that was provided, no add-ins there either.
- Tried Microsoft support search - no matches that helped.
- Tried the add/remove programs suggestion in this thread, received message
"Installation Source not available" even with CD in drive.

Not sure if this is relevant, but computer originally had another version of
MS office and I later installed Student & Teacher Ed 2003. When I go to
Add/Remove, it does not show "Student & Teacher", it lists "standard" 2003.

Have a project due in a couple of days that requires this function...any
help will be appreciated!
Debra J