Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default comparing values

column E in sheet A has values, a different one in each row (ranging from 50
to 500 values, depending on workbook we're working in)

column T in sheet B has values, thousands of them
the contents of sheetB are delivered by an external source

values in colT / sheetB should be named in colE / sheetA (theory)
there are values in colT / sheetB that are not present in colE / sheetA
(practice)

these need to be pointed out so after that it can be decided to discard
these lines or add the value to colE / sheetA

I want to run code to check the values of colT/sheetB
if a value in colT/sheetB isn't present in colE / SheetA then it should
print the value in the current (different) sheet

I've tried a few things now ~ I'm taking a wrong turn somewhere
any good ideas out there?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could try running an IF statement in sheet b where the if value is a
vlookup on column E sheet A with a "false" range lookup, and the then value
equal to the cell value in column t sheet b.

Or maybe a conditional formatting statement to highlight the cell if a
vlookup returns a null value.

"JusMe" wrote:

column E in sheet A has values, a different one in each row (ranging from 50
to 500 values, depending on workbook we're working in)

column T in sheet B has values, thousands of them
the contents of sheetB are delivered by an external source

values in colT / sheetB should be named in colE / sheetA (theory)
there are values in colT / sheetB that are not present in colE / sheetA
(practice)

these need to be pointed out so after that it can be decided to discard
these lines or add the value to colE / sheetA

I want to run code to check the values of colT/sheetB
if a value in colT/sheetB isn't present in colE / SheetA then it should
print the value in the current (different) sheet

I've tried a few things now ~ I'm taking a wrong turn somewhere
any good ideas out there?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Been playing around with it for a while longer and got what I wanted,
including MsgBoxes telling how many will be discarded and which values they
represent ....

Thanx for the input. At first I went with an IF(ISNA ....) with VLOOKUPs,
but that required action from the person working on the sheet. Since quite a
few of them are managers .... not a good option.

All they have to do when they get the sheet now is press a button ....
that should help