Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DTLay DTLay is offline

Default comparing values

You could try running an IF statement in sheet b where the if value is a
vlookup on column E sheet A with a "false" range lookup, and the then value
equal to the cell value in column t sheet b.

Or maybe a conditional formatting statement to highlight the cell if a
vlookup returns a null value.

"JusMe" wrote:

column E in sheet A has values, a different one in each row (ranging from 50
to 500 values, depending on workbook we're working in)

column T in sheet B has values, thousands of them
the contents of sheetB are delivered by an external source

values in colT / sheetB should be named in colE / sheetA (theory)
there are values in colT / sheetB that are not present in colE / sheetA
(practice)

these need to be pointed out so after that it can be decided to discard
these lines or add the value to colE / sheetA

I want to run code to check the values of colT/sheetB
if a value in colT/sheetB isn't present in colE / SheetA then it should
print the value in the current (different) sheet

I've tried a few things now ~ I'm taking a wrong turn somewhere
any good ideas out there?