Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with Comparing values and retrieving values in Excel!!!!!!

Hi,

I have absolutely no idea where to start!!!! I know it's simple but
I've never done this before...I needed to figure out how to compare
values in a row and retrieve a value if the condition is true. However
if more than one values meets that condition, I need it to remain
blank...

Like for the following example, since only the Accounting Linksys field
is occupied, the Business Unit field should return the value
"Accounting"...

Vendor Accounting Finance IT Business Unit
Linksys $30,000,000 Accounting

But if the row contains more than one value, the Business Unit field
should remain blank...
Vendor Accounting Finance IT Business Unit
Unix $40,000 $5,000 $300 --
Lycos

Can anyone help me??

Thank you so much!