Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GB GB is offline

Default Prevent Text to Integer conversion

May have already developed your solution, but if not, if you activate the
first cell, that gets things moving, then you can use
activecell.offset([COUNTER], 0) instead of activecell and then disregard the
offset inside of the loop. I think that would work. I don't typically use
the offset, and have been finding more and more reason to use it. I like to
be able to immediately see the location when debugging and not have to
determine exactly where it is because of a previous item.

Another thing to consider is the maximum number of rows in Excel as it
compares to Access. I am not sure of those exact values, but I thought there
was a way to pull that number out of at least excel irregardless of the
version number. (If not this, then need to catch the error that results from
going beyond the maximum number of rows when using the offset option.)

"NickH" wrote:

Top man GB,

I like the apostrophe option (kicking myself for not thinking of it).
I suspect it'll be the most efficient and won't slow the loop too
much. If I also use a counter instead of .Activate the user shouldn't
have to wait several seconds for the list to populate.

Many thanks,

NickH