Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Prevent Chart Conversion to Grayscale When Copying

Sometimes when I copy a colored chart from Excel, it is automatically
converted to a GRAYSCALE image so that when I paste, it pastes as
grayscale. How do I prevent this? It happens INCONSISTENTLY; I copy
and paste charts all the time- this problem happens a few times a month
only. E.g., I can copy and paste one chart resulting in a colored
image, then repeat immediately (3 seconds later) with another chart and
the result is a gray image.
I have tried restarting my computer and it does not help.
The problem has "gone away" each time... not sure how or why.
I am confident the result has nothing to do with pasting (I paste as
Enhanced Metafile into PowerPoint) because the Clipboard image itself
is already gray after copying, before I paste.
The only people I have ever known to have this problem are my co-worker
and I. I found nothing on line about this problem after extensive
searching.
Has anyone experienced this?
How can I fix it / work around it?

--
Sarah88
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I'm assuming you're copying the image of the chart eg. holding down
shift and selecting "copy picture" from the edit menu. Are you always
selecting the "As shown on screen" radio button? I was thinking maybe
if you were selecting "As shown when printed", that the resultant image
would be formatted depending on the last physical printer used. Your
comment about repeating 3 seconds later shoots down this theory, but
just a thought...

Good luck in your search for answers!
Rita