Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Prevent conversion of numeric text string to scientific notation

If i type, paste, edit in situ, or text-to-column large numeric string like:
0342737749549075
it will be converted to
3.42738E+14
completely against my will. The Cell is set as 'text'
(What part of 'text' does Excel not understand??)
I'm on Mac, so that could also be the problem.