Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Edit Function with Keyboard

Hello,

I had a strange thing happen a few days ago. I am used to using the
keyboard to access the Edit menu. To copy I select the "/" key, then the "E"
key, and then select the appropriate functions.

A few days ago the menu options would not appear when I hit "/" and "E". I
can select "/" and all the other letter options such as "F", "V", etc. and
their options appear. Only the Edit feature will not display its options
when I use this keyboard technique. I verified that the Num Lock is not on.
I am using a Fujitsu Lifebook laptop.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,
John M
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The "normal" way to access the menu bar is to use the "Alt" key.
Accessing the Edit menu would require Alt + E.

If you wish to retain/restore the use of "/" go to...
Tools | Options | Transition (tab) and enter "/" in the
"Microsoft Excel menu or Help key" box.

Note: copying can also be done using Ctrl + C and
pasting using Ctrl + V
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA