Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disable keyboard shortcuts in formula edit mode?

Hi,

I'm looking for way to disable the keyboard shortcuts
Shift Space == select row
Ctrl Space == select column
when entering formulas (starting with "=").
I find the 'select row' feature extremely annoying when typing
my formulas and inserting spaces for readability.

I have found how to disable the shortcuts when entering
simple values (without the "=") with something like this:
Sub Disable_shift_space()
Application.OnKey "+ ", ""
Application.OnKey "^ ", ""
End Sub
but it does *not* work when entering formulas.

Actually I don't see why, during formula entry, I would
need keyboard shortcuts to begin with.

Anyone any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Dirk Vdm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think I've ever seen a useful macro that can be used when you're editing
a formula/value.

I think this is one of the annoyances you're going to have to learn to live
with.

--

Dave Peterson