Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pick List

Hello. The situation: I have an inventory list in an excel spreadsheet. I
would like to choose items off of it which will put the selected items in
another spreadsheet or worksheet. I would like to make it easy where I can
check a check box next to the original list. Each time I select an item it
will transfer to another worksheet.

Question: Is there a way whether through vb or natively to select items from
a list in an excel spreadsheet and each selected item will move to another
spreadsheet or worksheet?

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To "move" the items will require VBA or a manual cut and paste.

To "copy" the checked items to another worksheet could be as simple as some
VLOOKUP formulas on the other sheet.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for more on VLOOKUP and Data
Validation lists for entering the choices.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Note the section on using DV lists from another worksheet by naming the list.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 07:17:01 -0800, Xocial
wrote:

Hello. The situation: I have an inventory list in an excel spreadsheet. I
would like to choose items off of it which will put the selected items in
another spreadsheet or worksheet. I would like to make it easy where I can
check a check box next to the original list. Each time I select an item it
will transfer to another worksheet.

Question: Is there a way whether through vb or natively to select items from
a list in an excel spreadsheet and each selected item will move to another
spreadsheet or worksheet?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, I am looking to copy the checked items to another worksheet. How do I
create the checkboxes on the primary list, where I can select the items that
will copy over to another worksheet? Thank you.

wrote:

Hello. The situation: I have an inventory list in an excel spreadsheet. I
would like to choose items off of it which will put the selected items in
another spreadsheet or worksheet. I would like to make it easy where I can
check a check box next to the original list. Each time I select an item it
will transfer to another worksheet.

Question: Is there a way whether through vb or natively to select items from
a list in an excel spreadsheet and each selected item will move to another
spreadsheet or worksheet?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Did you explore the options found at Debra's site for VLOOKUP and DV dropdown
lists for selecting an item?

Gord

wrote:

Hello. The situation: I have an inventory list in an excel spreadsheet. I
would like to choose items off of it which will put the selected items in
another spreadsheet or worksheet. I would like to make it easy where I can
check a check box next to the original list. Each time I select an item it
will transfer to another worksheet.

Question: Is there a way whether through vb or natively to select items from
a list in an excel spreadsheet and each selected item will move to another
spreadsheet or worksheet?

Thank you!

Look up list of values based on single value from pick list Donal P Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 August 13th 07 08:43 PM
pick from list Tim Marsh Excel Programming 2 July 13th 06 04:01 PM
Pick List Box Lee New Users to Excel 2 October 13th 05 06:22 PM
Making pick list conditional on selection from previous pick list Stewart Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 27th 05 11:30 AM
Pick From List Barry Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 23rd 04 01:08 PM