Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pasting and organizing information from one sheet to another

Hello -

I'm working on developing timelines using excel for both my internal team
and my external client. What I'd like to do is utilize one master timeline,
and outline all tasks that need to be completed (ie - column A: Task, Column
B: Deadline, Column C: Owner, Column D: Source) on one sheet. These tasks
would be categorized.

I'd like to be able to pull content over to other tabs based on certain
indicators and organize the data in a certain way.

For example: if Column D = EXT - this would be a task that would appear on
the client's timeline worksheet in the same workbook, and would be
sorted/organized by date.

On the internal worksheet, I'd like for all of the information from the
master to be brought over, but for the information to be sorted by date (like
the client's version) and inclusive of all tasks (no longer by category).

Finally, in an ideal world, I'd also have the capability of sorting that
data by staff member, so that an individual would be able to pull up or
quickly identify tasks that have been assigned to them.

Thanks!

Jeff