Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Noj Noj is offline

Default Organizing rating scale information into a narrative paragraph

I have teachers complete a teacher rating scale with four colums. The first
3 columns a above average, average, below average. The fourth column is a
descriptor for a behavior (completing homework). There are about 20 rows of
behaviors. Question: I would like for all behaviors rated 'below average' to
automatically move from the rating scale to a narrative paragraph such as:
The teacher rated the student 'below average' in the following behaviors:
completing homework, [then all other behaviors rated below average followed
with a comma and the narrative paragraph ending in a period. Then the same
for 'average' and 'above average' behaviors. I would then copy and paste or
merge the narrative paragraphs into a report summary that would include about
15 teacher rating scales in total. What excel function (or Word function) is
this called so i can figure it out, or how can I complete this task? Thanks,
Noj.
--
Noj