Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Don Guillett[_2_] Don Guillett[_2_] is offline

Default Organizing rating scale information into a narrative paragraph

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Noj" wrote in message
I have teachers complete a teacher rating scale with four colums. The
first
3 columns a above average, average, below average. The fourth column
is a
descriptor for a behavior (completing homework). There are about 20 rows
of
behaviors. Question: I would like for all behaviors rated 'below average'
automatically move from the rating scale to a narrative paragraph such as:
The teacher rated the student 'below average' in the following behaviors:
completing homework, [then all other behaviors rated below average
followed
with a comma and the narrative paragraph ending in a period. Then the
same
for 'average' and 'above average' behaviors. I would then copy and paste
or
merge the narrative paragraphs into a report summary that would include
about
15 teacher rating scales in total. What excel function (or Word function)
is
this called so i can figure it out, or how can I complete this task?
Thanks,
Noj.
--
Noj