Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Add & Substract in One Cell

Hello.

I am trying to setup a log for number of SMS sent. It will be in 3 columns.

Example: Column A would have the total number of credits; Column B would
have credits received from the Phone Company; Column C would have the debits
(SMSs sent).

For example let's say that A2 has a start value of 1000. When I enter 200 in
B2, A3 should say 1200.
If I enter 400 in C3, A4 should say 800.

All the changes should happen in Column A based on info I enter in Columns B
and C.

How would I go about doing this? How should I make it so that atleast 100
rows in Column A has this function?

Please advise.
Ram.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ram

i would set it up like this
Row 1: Titles
A2: Start amount
A3: following function:
=if(and(B2="",C2=""),"",A2+B2-C2)

then select A3, and drag the formula down as far as you want to.

hth

Carlo

On Jan 8, 4:28*pm, rampiranha
wrote:
Hello.

I am trying to setup a log for number of SMS sent. It will be in 3 columns..

Example: Column A would have the total number of credits; Column B would
have credits received from the Phone Company; Column C would have the debits
(SMSs sent).

For example let's say that A2 has a start value of 1000. When I enter 200 in
B2, A3 should say 1200.
If I enter 400 in C3, A4 should say 800.

All the changes should happen in Column A based on info I enter in Columns B
and C.

How would I go about doing this? How should I make it so that atleast 100
rows in Column A has this function?

Please advise.
Ram.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback

Carlo