Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding help to a user defined function

Hi,

I have created a UDF which I am using in a series of Work Sheets. Is it
possible to add help to the function so that when a user selects it from the
function wizard the help will be displayed?

Regards

Diarmuid
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Jan 5, 11:55*am, Diarmuid
wrote:
Hi,

I have created a UDF which I am using in a series of Work Sheets. Is it
possible to add help to the function so that when a user selects it from the
function wizard the help will be displayed?

Regards

Diarmuid

In the workbook press Alt+F8 and in the Macro Name Field type the
functions name, then click options, and in the Description field, type
a description for the function. then click ok.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Unfortunately that wont work as the function wont appear in the macro list.
I am relatively new to this so there may be awayb of getting the function to
appear in the list. The function itself is written using visual basic.
Thanks for the tip though, its good to know that there is a way of adding
help to macros.

regards

Diarmuid