Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding a pop-up help to a user-defined function

When I type "=fv(" in cell A1 in Excel 2002, I am greeted with a
"popup window of sorts that gives some clue as to the parameters. In
this case the "popup" reads "FV(rate, nper, pmt,[pv],[type]).

I would like to create similar popup windows for user-defined
functions. Is this possible?

In particular, the user-defined function is:

Public Function WeightedAvg(DataRange As Range, _
WtRange As Range) As Double

WeightedAvg = WorksheetFunction.SumProduct(DataRange, WtRange) /
WorksheetFunction.Sum(WtRange)

End Function

How do I change this function so that I will get greeted with a little
popup that reads "WeightedAvg(DataRange, WtRange)" after I type
"WeightedAvg(" in any given cell?

Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This free add-in allows to customize VBA user-defined functions in
Excel's function wizard :

- add descriptive text to each argument
- store user-defined functions in a new category (for instance "My
Functions")

http://longre.free.fr/english/index.html

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.