Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 2008 federal payroll withholding tax

This site is for the official federal regulation for employers to determine
witholding amounts from emplyee wages. The part you would be interested in
starts on page 36 and provides tables based on the number of exemptions
claimed by emplyees on their w4 forms.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p15.pdf

"Bob" wrote:

Hi, I made a 2007 payroll withholding tax chart, and forgot how I did
it in Excel. I have the chart for a single person and a married person
but can't figure how to get the rates for married with 1-2-3 & so on
dependents.
Forget the IRS site they just give single or married, nothing with
kids.
Long shot here
Thanks
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks
I saw that..

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 08:56:10 -0000, "Nigel"
wrote:

you need to adjust your system calendar, your post shows 10/4/2008. (mmm
maybe after the tax year ends!?!)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks
I was on that site and got the rates for single and married. What I
needed to know is about dependets 1-2-3... I found the answer, each
dependent goes up $134.62 married and single. Now I can do the tax
rate for no matter how many kids there are. I figure my own paycheck
out, all deductions, "all of them"
Thanks

"Bob" wrote:

Hi, I made a 2007 payroll withholding tax chart, and forgot how I did
it in Excel. I have the chart for a single person and a married person
but can't figure how to get the rates for married with 1-2-3 & so on
dependents.
Forget the IRS site they just give single or married, nothing with
kids.
Long shot here
Thanks
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Jan 5, 5:18*am, Bob wrote:
I was on that site and got the rates for single and married. What
I needed to know is about dependets 1-2-3... I found the answer,
each dependent goes up $134.62 married and single.

Well, that is true for biweekly payroll periods; and the amount per
allowance has nothing to do with filing status. Technically, it is
not necessarily related to the number of dependents, either. It is
based on the number of withholding allowances that you declare, which
may or may not be the same as the number of filing exemptions or
dependents. See p. 36 of IRS Pub 15, available online using the
aforementioned URL, as JLGWhiz explained.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just removing the incorrectly dated posting under this one from the top of
the list in (at least) Outlook Express and Windows Mail.

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hmm! Didn't work...

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in