Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joe Joe is offline

Default Changing font color based on positive or negative number

Hello everyone,

I'm attempting to make a budget in Excel and would like to format a cell to
turn bold and red when the sum equals a negative number and for the cell to
turn bold and black when the sum equals a positive number. I believe there
is a way to do it but I'm not sure how to go about doing so. Any help you
can provide would be great. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use NumberFormat. The -ve format is between the 1st & {optional) 2nd
semi-colons. Look at the examples in Custom, or simply
"General;[Red]-General" without the quotes.

Programatically,

dim rng as Range
dim sNumFmt as string

sNumFmt = "#,##0.00;[Red]-#,##0.00;[Blue]""zero"""
set rng = Selection
rng.NumberFormat = sNumFmt

Regards,
Peter T