Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copying dada from multiple workbooks into 1 workbook

I tried searching here for an answer to this problem, but didn't find what
seemed like an appropriate solution... (Unless I am looking at it wrong...)
I have a folder with over 360 files I need to copy A to C and colums AE, AG,
AI and AK if data is present in these colums I would like to append that
data to another workbook in cells A - G (I think those column counts
match...)
I have tried several attempts at a macro to do this, but think VBA from the
file I am filling with data is my best bet. Is there an example of this out
there?
I will keep plugging away at this, and will post any resuts here to this
group.

Thanks for any help that you can offer! Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copying data from multiple workbooks into 1 workbook

Sorry for the typo in the previous header! My fingers aren't nearly as fast
as my brain...

I have written the code to cycle through all of the files in the folder
(attached below) I think that I can copy the ranges that I want, but...
(there is always a but) I cannot find the last row of data (it will be
different in each workbook.

Jason

For intYear = 2006 To 2007

For intMonth = 1 To 12

For intDay = 1
To 31
strFileName
= intYear & " " & Format(intMonth, "00") & " " & Format(intDay, "00") _
& "
0000 (Wide).dbf"

With
Application.FileSearch

.LookIn = strDirectoryPointer

.Filename = strFileName
If
..Execute 0 Then
'
enter code here to copy and paste desired cells into working file
'
This is Extra from cut and paste...
MsgBox
"There were " & .FoundFiles.Count & _