Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jasonm Jasonm is offline

Default Copying data from multiple workbooks into 1 workbook

Sorry for the typo in the previous header! My fingers aren't nearly as fast
as my brain...

I have written the code to cycle through all of the files in the folder
(attached below) I think that I can copy the ranges that I want, but...
(there is always a but) I cannot find the last row of data (it will be
different in each workbook.

Jason

For intYear = 2006 To 2007

For intMonth = 1 To 12

For intDay = 1
To 31
strFileName
= intYear & " " & Format(intMonth, "00") & " " & Format(intDay, "00") _
& "
0000 (Wide).dbf"

With
Application.FileSearch

.LookIn = strDirectoryPointer

.Filename = strFileName
If
..Execute 0 Then
'
enter code here to copy and paste desired cells into working file
'
This is Extra from cut and paste...
MsgBox
"There were " & .FoundFiles.Count & _
"
file(s) found."

For i
= 1 To .FoundFiles.Count
MsgBox
..FoundFiles(i)

Next i
Else
MsgBox
"There were no files found."

End If
End
With

"Jasonm" wrote in message
I tried searching here for an answer to this problem, but didn't find what
seemed like an appropriate solution... (Unless I am looking at it wrong...)
I have a folder with over 360 files I need to copy A to C and colums AE,
AG, AI and AK if data is present in these colums I would like to append
that data to another workbook in cells A - G (I think those column counts
match...)
I have tried several attempts at a macro to do this, but think VBA from
the file I am filling with data is my best bet. Is there an example of
this out there?
I will keep plugging away at this, and will post any resuts here to this
group.

Thanks for any help that you can offer! Jason