Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default o -t does anyone see and speed increase after office 2007 sp1 is installed?

excel 2007 still executes slower than excel 2003 for me.

--

Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I did one test, macro that adds a lot of shapes to a sheet and formats them,
and performance was the same as original Excel 2007.
--

Jim
"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com wrote in message
excel 2007 still executes slower than excel 2003 for me.

--

Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you're not alone.

--

Gary

"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"
wrote in message
"Jim Rech" wrote:

I did one test, macro that adds a lot of shapes to a sheet and formats them,
and performance was the same as original Excel 2007.

bleh. I was hoping to see some speed improvements.
--
__________________________________________________ ________________________________

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I wonder whether the speed improvement that was incorporated into SP1 is
simply implementation of the hotfix that prevented charts with substantial
data (a few thousand points) from completely freezing. The performance
improved with the hotfix, but not nearly to the level of Excel 2003. My
impression after minimal testing is that SP1 is not too extensive, but
rather is just chipping away a bit at the edges.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com wrote in message
excel 2007 still executes slower than excel 2003 for me.

--

Gary

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does SP1 allow you to select multiple charts on a worksheet? That's
something I really really hope they fix?

Brian