Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to launch VBA in 2007

I am new to excell 2007... I am trying to unlock passwork protected modules
and don't know how to launch VBA (since I cannot step into a locked macro).

Second... any suggested reading to update me on excell and VB 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

start excel
click the office button
click on excel options at the bottom
check the box to show the developer tab on the ribbon
once you click that, you should be fine

--

Gary Keramidas

"John" wrote in message
I am new to excell 2007... I am trying to unlock passwork protected modules
and don't know how to launch VBA (since I cannot step into a locked
macro).

Second... any suggested reading to update me on excell and VB 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can "launch" the VBA Editor with ALT F11. This will open the editor, and
on the left side of the screen should be the "Project Explorer" window that
lists all open workbooks. If a workbook's VBProject is not protected, you
can click the '+' symbol next to it to open things up. If the project is
protected, you can't open the VBA for that workbook.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"John" wrote in message
I am new to excell 2007... I am trying to unlock passwork protected modules
and don't know how to launch VBA (since I cannot step into a locked
macro).

Second... any suggested reading to update me on excell and VB 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alt+F11 still gives access to the VB Editor.

For some voluminous background on the new User Interface in Office 2007, you
might want to peruse Jensen Harris' (Jensen is the program manager in charge
of the Office UI team) blog which has been indexed by Patrick Schmid at:

http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/10/09/58

HTH