Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 2007 Excel will not launch from file

Just had Office 2007 loaded onto my work station.
Double-clicking on Excel files will launch Excel, but the file doesnt appear
until you minimize the window. Then when you close the file it is like your
closing two windows, one for the file and one for the software.

I have researched this on this site and the only fix I saw was to rid the
pdf add in.
When you go to my add in list, it is not showing it is there.

Please anyone has there been a fix for this? My IT group is about to load
this to all our work stations (400+) and we need to know what is causing this
issue before that happens.

Thanks,
Barb
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is a common problem with xl2007.

The workaround is to do something like you do--or open excel first, then open
the workbook (via the Office Button).

--

Dave Peterson