Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default fx button shows ... for a UDF

I have a function that has about 22 parameters, all parameters are optional.
I would like to use the fx button to bring up the parameters, but it just
shows ... and one line for the parameters. I tried building an empty
function with the same number of optional parameters and the fx function
shows all of the parameters.

Any idea why I get the ... and one line for one function, but not the other?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It sounds to me that the function has been defined used ParamArray, not
spelling out each of the 22 params. ParamArray allows a variable amount of
parameters.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Beamer" wrote in message
I have a function that has about 22 parameters, all parameters are
optional.
I would like to use the fx button to bring up the parameters, but it just
shows ... and one line for the parameters. I tried building an empty
function with the same number of optional parameters and the fx function
shows all of the parameters.

Any idea why I get the ... and one line for one function, but not the
other?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I do not have a param array. I played around with the difference between my
function and my test function and as I shortened parameter names, it began to
work. The following is close to the limit and shows the ...

Public Function MyF(Optional p1 As String, _
Optional p2 As String, _
Optional p3 As String, _
Optional p4 As String, _
Optional p5 As Long, _
Optional p6 As Long, _
Optional p7 As Single, _
Optional SpouseTableFactor As Single, _
Optional ParticipantCurrentAge As Double, _
Optional SpouseCurrentAge As Double, _
Optional InterestRate As Variant = 0, _
Optional BenefitForm As String, _
Optional StopYear As Long, _
Optional CurrentYear As Long, _
Optional CommencementAge As Double, _
Optional CommencementAge2 As Double, _
Optional ConvertedBenefitForm As String, _
Optional BeginningOrEndOfPeriod As String, _
Optional PeriodsPerYear As Long, _
Optional AgeRndMethod As Long = 0, _
Optional vstrMortalityPath As String = "", _
Optional Rounding As Long = 0) As Variant

If I change the SpouseTableFactor parameter to P8, it shows the parameters.