-   -   Value shows but should not print (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/52981-value-shows-but-should-not-print.html)

uberathlete

Value shows but should not print

Hi all! I was wondering if there's any way to format a cell such that
its value shows normally but when the worksheet is printed, that cell's
value is not printed out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

--
uberathlete
uberathlete's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28388

swatsp0p

Value shows but should not print

check out this from Ron De Bruin

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide

good luck

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=480622

Jim Rech

Value shows but should not print

If an entry is literally in a cell, and visible, I think it will print. You
might consider using a Drawing toolbar Text Box. Via its right-click Format
menu you can set it not to print and you can set it to No Border so that
what is in it looks just like a cell entry.

--
Jim
"uberathlete"
wrote in message

| Hi all! I was wondering if there's any way to format a cell such that
| its value shows normally but when the worksheet is printed, that cell's
| value is not printed out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
|

| --
| uberathlete
| uberathlete's Profile:
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=480622

Dave Peterson

Value shows but should not print

Another option...

Pick a cell out of the print range (maybe on another sheet???)

Then put Hide or Show in that cell.

Then use a formula in the cells to hide:

=if(sheet2!$a$1="hide","","your constant value here")
or
=if(sheet2!$a$1="hide","",yourformulahere")

Then just toggle that cell's value before you print.