Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tom tom is offline

Default macro to copy entire workbook to another.

Hi, I'm having trouble trying to create macro to copy an entire workbook to
another workbook using VB. Eventually I would like to be able to have one
workbook open and have it copy to multiple workbooks.. Any ideas on how to
do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I wonder what all things do you wish to copy?

If it is the whole file, you could iterate through the activeworkbook.save
as ..

If anything else, you can call Application.Workbooks.Add to return a new
workbook,and use the object to copy stuff...

If it is specific sheets then Activesheet.copy...
If specific range then range.Copy

etc...

Regards,

"Tom" wrote:

Hi, I'm having trouble trying to create macro to copy an entire workbook to
another workbook using VB. Eventually I would like to be able to have one
workbook open and have it copy to multiple workbooks.. Any ideas on how to
do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tom tom is offline

Hi,

The open workbook is called 15.xls. What I'm trying to do is copy this
workbook to a destination workbook called "template.xls" and have that
entire workbook 15.xls to appear on the template on the sheet called
"Inventory3.xls" Any help on how u write a quick macro for this would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

"Tom" wrote:

Hi, I'm having trouble trying to create macro to copy an entire workbook to
another workbook using VB. Eventually I would like to be able to have one
workbook open and have it copy to multiple workbooks.. Any ideas on how to
do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You want an entire workbook to appear on one sheet? Or is
Inventory3.xls a workbook?

"Tom" wrote:

Hi, I'm having trouble trying to create macro to copy an entire workbook to
another workbook using VB. Eventually I would like to be able to have one
workbook open and have it copy to multiple workbooks.. Any ideas on how to
do this?- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tom tom is offline

Hi ilia,

I might have confused you a bit. In the workbook called Template.xls.
Sheet2 is called Inventory3.. I hope I explained myself a bit better this
time around. lol Yes we want 15.xls to appear on sheet2. Any help with this
would be much appreatied.

thank you for answering my post.