Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default PivotTable with Server Page Field Leaves MS Query Application WindowOpen After Refresh.

I created a PivotTable based on a SQL Server view. I'm using Server
Page Fields. After refreshing the PivotTable, an MS Query application
window opens and remains open even after the PivotTable is refreshed.
Normally, when refreshing a PivotTable based on a SQL Server view, I
do not see the application window open or remain open afterward. Any
ideas what is causing this to happen? This only happens when using
server page fields. I selected Field Settings on the one page field I
had, chose Advanced, and then chose the "Query external data source as
you select each page field item (requires less memory) option. If this
is a bug in Excel, does anyone know how I could have MS Query
automatically close after the PivotTable is refreshed, possibly using
VBA?