Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default subtracting one csv file from another

Hi there.

I have not been able to find a solution to this because it's hard to
know what to call what I want to do . ..

I commonly need to remove a list of records in a csv file from another
csv file.

The application is email marketing; if I need to send a reminder email
for an event, I want to remove all the people that have already
registered from the master list first.

So if I have a csv file with 25,000 odd records in it, and another
with 125 say, how can I find these 125 records in the master list so I
can delete them?

All suggestions greatly appreciated!

If there is a function or application or macro that does this, please
point me in the right direction

thanks