R. U. Sirius

Default Subtracting One Sum From Another

I have a very simple and basic question, but I'm just learning Excel,
so please bear with me. The situation as follows:

I have a simple spread sheet, columns C, E, and G are input, outgo,
and balance (In that order)

The first four (4) rows are no problem, simple add C to previous G for
Balance.

Then when I go to do output it's basically the same, g5 is G4 minus e5

My question: What is the formula I need enter only once for the
Balance column? Disregard the first four rows. I'm entering each cell
individually =sum(e5-g4) =sum(g5-e6) etc. It really is a bummer
entering all the individual cell formulae.

I appreciate any assistance, and I apologize for the length of the
post. Again, I'm just learning.

BTW: For those who answer questions with a standard "RTFM", I don't
have TFM.

TIA

Anne Troy

Hi. I'm sorry I don't understand the pattern here; is it a typo?
=sum(e5-g4) =sum(g5-e6)
Perhaps you need:
=g4+c5-e5
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"R. U. Sirius" wrote in message
[...]

George Gee

Select the cell in which you have the formula: =sum(e5-g4)
Move your cursor to the bottom right of the cell, and it will
become a black cross, when it is a black cross, left-click and drag
the cursor down the column as far as you want the formula copied.

This is called copying down.

Hope this is what you require.

George Gee