Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Keep Change History For

Hi Experts,

I am trying to create a macro to open various files with a loop and to
share the files with "Keep Change History For" set to 100 days instead
of default 30 days.

I think I can share a workbook by using ExclusiveAccess Method. But I
am not sure, what property I need to change to set "Keep Change
History For" days to 100 Days.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Many Thanks
Ankur

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ankur,

In XL 2003 I got this by running the Macro Recorder (and saving the macro in
another workbook):

With ActiveWorkbook
.KeepChangeHistory = True
.ChangeHistoryDuration = 100
End With

hth,

Doug

"an01digital" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hi Experts,

I am trying to create a macro to open various files with a loop and to
share the files with "Keep Change History For" set to 100 days instead
of default 30 days.

I think I can share a workbook by using ExclusiveAccess Method. But I
am not sure, what property I need to change to set "Keep Change
History For" days to 100 Days.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Many Thanks
Ankur

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Doug,

This is great. Many Many Many Thanks.

I wonder, why it did't record when I tried to do it. Anyways, I got
the property.

Regards
Ankur

On Nov 12, 11:43 am, "Doug Glancy"
wrote:
[...]

Ankur- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ankur,

You're welcome.

It seems a shared workbook can't have macros, so that's why I recorded the
macro in another workbook. Maybe that's why it didn't work for you.

wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Doug

Shared workbooks can have and run macros that were existing prior to the
workbook being shared.

After sharing the workbook macros can't be added, viewed or edited.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP