Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disable Security Warnings Screen

Hello,

Is there a way to disable the Security Warnings screen and to automatically
select the Enable Macros button from the Security Warnings screen?

I have a worksheet with a command button. When the button is clicked, it
will call the macro. Then I will get the Excel Security Warnings screen. I
don't want the Security Warnings screen to prompt.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No. That's the whole point of security settings. If you could
programmatically override this security feature, it wouldn't be very secure.

That siad, there are 2 options.
1. Set security in Excel to low. This way you won't get prompted for ANY
macros, even suspect ones.
2. Look into digital signatures. I've not used them myself, but they are a
way of allowing macros to run as long as they are from a recognised and
authorised source.

Ian

"AccessHelp" wrote in message
Hello,

Is there a way to disable the Security Warnings screen and to
automatically
select the Enable Macros button from the Security Warnings screen?

I have a worksheet with a command button. When the button is clicked, it
will call the macro. Then I will get the Excel Security Warnings screen.
don't want the Security Warnings screen to prompt.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ian,

Thanks for sharing the information. Unfortunately, it will be hard to
perform those options because the macro will be used by the users.

Thanks again.

"Ian" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Self Signed Digital Signatures

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ffice.10).aspx

This is self signing, for a Certified Digial Signature will allow any
computer to accept it, but you usually have to pay for it unless you know how
to write one.

--
If this reply was helpful, please indicate that your question has been
answered to help others find anwsers to similar questions.

www.silverbirddesigns.com

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2009