Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Fil Fil is offline

Default same than end(xldown) but stops on hidden cells if not empty

Hi,

In the first place I thought that end() would stop put the selection on:

- the last contiguous non empty cell (if the current selection and the next
cell in the specified direction are non empty cells)
or
- the first non empty cell (if the current selection is an empty cell or if
the next cell in the specified direction is empty)

no matter what the cells in the between are hidden (hidden row or column).

In fact if some non empty cells in the specified direction are hidden, the
selection won't stop on them.

Is there and built-in function that stops the selection even on non empty
hidden cells?

Did you get my point?
Thx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Fil Fil is offline

Hi,

In the first place I thought that end() would put the selection on:

- the last contiguous non empty cell (if the current selection and the next
cell in the specified direction are non empty cells)
or
- the first non empty cell (if the current selection is an empty cell or if
the next cell in the specified direction is empty)

no matter if the cells in the between are hidden or not (hidden row or
column).

In fact if some non empty cells in the specified direction are hidden, the
selection won't stop on them.

Is there and built-in function that stops the selection even on non empty
hidden cells?

Did you get my point?
Thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It appears that if you want it to stop on any of those hidden cells, you will
have to make them visible. Everything I checked in Microsoft help and on the
web was silent on the hidden cells, but it makes sense that hidden cells
would be ignored since you would not be able to see what was selected.